Pukurlpa-la Lurrtjurriwa Papulankutjala
Come and join in all the fun at Blackstone.
Tuesday 6th May to Saturdayth May 2008
This year dance will be the focus of the festival, funded by ARTBACK NT in collaboration with Ngaanyatjarra Council, Desart and Papulankutja Artists. Thisbe Purich is coordinating the event and calling all dancers from surrounding communities to come to Blackstone.
Artists come, bring your swag and spend a few days with us at Blackstone।
- On Tuesday we will open the evening with a community BBQ followed by an after dinner film night held with assistance from the Blackstone Youth worker।
- There will be the usual fun with art and craft, Glass jewellery making with Gerry and Tarn from Margaret River complementing the spinifex fibre jewellery making with the paper worker team। T-Shirt printing fun with Jodie. Tjanpi Jo will workshop with spinifex atists and buy finished work. Jo is also bringing renowned fibre artists Maria Fernanda Cardoso who is seeking inspiration and creating work for a major fibre installation.
- Encore appearance of the very popular beauty salon, this year run by Liz Bredemeyer and her team of Land Rover Club members।
- Art centre business with Desart on Thursday 8th May।
- Fantastic dance concert on Thursday which will be a culmination of dance workshops held in Blackstone and surrounding communities over a period of 4 weeks।
- Friday night special Festival Bumper Disco।
- Continuing over the weekend with intercommunity youth sports activities coordinated by Brett of the Ngaanyatjarraku Shire youth team।
- By special request, Thisbe will once again host the famous or infamous Bingo Night …. Woohoo!!!!
Further information and bookings for workshops from Dianna at the Art Centre.
Phone: 08 8956 7586 or email email@example.com